Barrel Inn at Lane End.(1)

The Barrel Inn, Lane End, with Mr Joseph Draycott (landlord) and his wife and child  .The Barrel Inn is recorded in a Trade Directory as early as 1822 when Isabella Oxley was  the victualler. Trade Directories record Joel Hobson as landlord from 1839-1856 after which his wife, Sarah,  took over the running of the inn. By 1872 Martin Dickinson was the victualler, in 1893 it was Ellis Matthewman and in 1935 Edward Brearley was the landlord.

 

Image Details

Archiving Reference Number C&HGA/D/049/a/B
Building - leisure & recreation Pub
Date donated to the EDA 1st October 2015
Location Chapeltown
location 2 Lane End
Source Individual, Group or Organisation Chapeltown & High Green Archive
Source of original material John Wright and Enza Falsone
public house The Barrel Inn, Lane End.
view urban buildings
Views Type outside

Sorry this item cannot be purchased.