Belmont Ave, Chapeltown.jpg
This short road off Lound Side contains a series of stone-faced short terraces. It was laid out on the southern edge of the grounds of Belmont House, which in the 1870s and 1880s was the home of Arthur Marshall Chambers, at that time manager of Thorncliffe Ironworks. At the time of the 1911 census heads of household included coal miners, an assurance agent, an iron foundry foreman and a furnace coke burner.
|Archiving Reference Number||E/536/a/B CHGA|
|Source of original material||Original from Chris Sharp|
|location 2||Lound Side|
Sorry this item cannot be purchased.